Friday, August 18, 2006

Doomsdayweeks (Part II) - Episode 1

=================================
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Listening: Kawabe Chieko - Sakura Kiss
=================================

I know I should be going to sleep already. But I'm here blogging anyway. Then again, drawing and writing are the two things that I always do on a whim neeways. This week had been a little more different from others before, so I thought I'll put it down here for memory's sake.

Defeat Toys

Okay, that's the title of my 35 seconds long animation for Studio Project 3. The title is derived from a map in the newly opened Omega Sector in Maple Story. (The map was called "Defeat Monsters".)

It's kinda violent, but I like it. My mum was saying that I have a very cute drawing style. So let's see: very cute + very violent = ?? Does that reminds you of anything? (Answer: here)

I only have the time to upload these two, but oh well. Joanne wanted me to upload the entire storyboard, but I... was lazy to. =x And pardon the sketchiness and messiness, those are just sketches after all.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Whaha this time round I used Joanne and my Maple Story characters. Since I already used Mum's for my 2D animation and Joey's for my 3D Modeling.

Sonic Adventure

Saru started playing Sonic Adventure!! Haha I downloaded the .cdi file and Dreamcast emulator via bittorrent. (I play only an hour or less a day though.)

If I'm not wrong, this is the first appearance of the chao. (And I realised that it's supposed to be pronounced as "chow".) And they're adorably cute!! (Hahah Jit, you will love them.)

Let me introduce them to you!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My first chao, nicknamed the "F2 chao". Because no matter what happens it he always just keeps smiling, just like the Maple Story F2 facial expression. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My second chao, nicknamed the "dao chao". Because it never really has much of a facial expression and always has the same face. His face is different here though, because he is swimming.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My third chao, nicknamed the "hyper chao", because he is the want that runs around the most, as well as fastest (because we fed him rabbits). He won a trumpet in a chao race and keeps playing it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My fourth chao, nicknamed the "kuai chao". He's not very active, sleeps a lot, and hardly ever throws a tantrum like the rest do. He is throwing one here, because he is hungry. (Better than the rest who would throw tantrums just because they are being ignored.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My fifth chao, nicknamed the "evil silver chao". He is really evil, one: his face; two: will be explained later. You'll see why I call him evil. But I like him most, he has the most personality amongst all of my chao. (And you can see the "dao chao" stoning in the background.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My sixth chao, nicknamed the "gold peacock chao", because I later fed him peacocks, swallows and other birds, causing him to grow fanciful-looking tails and wings. He started off being very anti-social, hiding in the bushes instead of playing with the others, but I kept carrying him over to everyone else so he's a bit better now.

I have a seventh and eigth one, but I don't have screenshots of them. The seventh one is also gold, nicknamed the "gold penguin chao", because he was fed penguins and started growing strange eyebrows. He's the best swimmer of the lot. The eigth one (silver colour) was recently hatched, so I don't have much to say about it yet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My "F2 chao" is resting in a cocoon. Haha you can see the "evil silver chao" and the "gold peacock chao" in the background.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
How some of them look after being fed animals...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Everybody's giving me attitude here (they're all throwing tantrums) because I afk-ed and now they're hungry. So if you feed them coconuts, they'll be fine.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is where I explain my "evil silver chao"'s evilness. Chao would have a "?" on their head when they're deciding what to do. (The balls on their heads represents their feelings.)

And after this screenshot, my "evil silver chao" decided to walk over to the three sleeping chao and give each of them a kick.

O _ O

And the three all started crying and throwing tantrums. I had to walk rounds and rounds to the coconut tree and back to appease them (or they won't stop crying). And my "evil silver chao" is always doing that, kicking other chao as well as pushing them into the water, thus making them throw tantrums. And making me busy. But I still like him. ^ ^

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This "dao chao" is really cute. He keeps tripping and falling...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
... and can still give that "?", then continue tripping and falling.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This evil chao has been sitting in the bushes for 10 minutes already. A nice change compared to bullying other chao I guess.

Sakura microns

yeps yeps Saru I quite happy with this purchase. I bought 4 technical pens to ink my animation with, 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, and 0.8. Could also use them for future manga drawing. =P

Collab?

After looking through the bunch of modules we would be taking for Semester 4, Saru realise that NYP is trying to produce 3D-ers for our batch, because the industry has no more need 2D-ers. Ahh crap. I really wanted to be an animator or mangaka!

So Saru thought, I need a good short story for people to read (maybe online or something?) and recognise me first, before I can start publishing more mangas. So I went to ask Vincent (Secondary School classmate) if he could help me write a story. I've read his stories before, and I like his style (save for the vulgarities). We haven't had the opportunity to discuss any furth yet though: us both has busy schedules. But I really hope we could produce a manga together. ^ ^ (He has A's this year though...)

And Joanne told me that Felix (Secondary School schoolmate) published a manga and handed a copy to Miss Yeo (Secondary School teacher). And she told me that my art can 0wn his ten times over, so if his manga can get published, it should be no kick for me. =___= She has too much confidence in me na. Besides, I'm not as rich either...

13 SMSes within 5 minutes!!

I was surprised when CJ called me when it was almost midnight to tell me happy birthday. I was like, huh, ya meh, wait I check calender, oh really leh, ah thank you. Saru had been too absorbed in Studio Project to remember what date it was... >.<

And Zabyaru-taicho is sweet too, (oh no I said something I shouldn't have: now Xav's head is going to burst with his ego expanding like mad) he asked everyone to SMS me their birthday greetings. Arigatou, taicho!! Arigatou, minna-san!! And arigatou, Hui Xian for the poem! =x Whaha.

And if they ever ask me to guess the present later at school, I'll say "Stingray". Muahahahaha. In tribute to my who.

Will (probably, I hope) return later in the day to continue! See what happens at school today. >.<

Saru's going to sleep now. Stayed up the entire night to do layouts. And damn me for being too detailed... =___= Ohayo to everyone and oyasumi to me~

No comments: