Monday, June 04, 2007

introducing: my kids~ ^ ^

=================================
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Listening: m-flo loves MONKEY MAJIK - Picture Perfect Love
=================================

I think I took care of them long enough, until I begin to think of them as my kids. I know Mum doesn't think that way. But anyway, I do. ^ ^

I know Mum told me not to mention the kid's names on my blog, but I don't like not referring to people by their names. So BWWAAA. Heck care.

Introduction then. We have 7 kids altogether, three with Autism, two with Intellectual Disability (Global Delay) and two with Down's Syndrome.

Bryan - 7 - Down's Syndrome
- My "favourite" na. =3 He hugs me a lot. He's quite cute and very spoilt. I concede defeat when it comes to him. (Yes, I just admitted that I am cute and spoilt.

Desirel - 10 - Global Delay
- Another of my "favourite" bwaha. She pulls my hair a lot. But she's pretty obedient otherwise. ^ ^

Ezekiel - 6 - Autism
- The amazing biter. But he's small, so he's easy to carry about. Justine always starts chanting "shi shi" when I carry him. Because once last time, when I carried him, then put him down, and then the next second, his pants became wet. O___O Omg, I almost kena lor!! Scary.

Wei Wei - 9? - Global Delay
- His name is Shao Wei, but he has a lot of other names. I call him "Wei Wei" (he calls himself that too), Eric calls him "Fatty-fatty" (mwahahaha he is Eric's "favourite" >.<), and Yin Lei calls him "Xiao Shuai". No, seriously, he has a nice looking face. His stomach though, is BIG. So when he runs, it is hilarious to look at.

Jonathan - 8? - Autism
- He loves drumming on things. He runs a lot too. Wait, actually, everyone runs a lot. He is one of Galvin's "favourite". =PP

Joshua - 10? - Autism
- Another of Galvin's "favourite". His English is good. None of them talks a lot, but when Joshua does talk, his grammar and pronounciation is flawless. It's funny when he says goodbye to people, because he doesn't talk to them, but rather reads their nametags. So he would take Galvin's nametag and say to it "GoodbyeUncleGalvinWidjaja". Ahahahahaha.

Joseph - 7? - Down's Syndrome
- A really small sized boy. He seems to be Bryan's best friend. Bryan absolutely loves him.


Today, there a few new things that happened. The day started off with Mum and I going into Omega3. And we found Bryan clinging like a leech to the levite who was holding the door open for the first service children to go out, and the second service children to come in. When we came, the she was like "Ahh, thank you..." (Poor her.) Bryan saw me and started squealing in joy and ran to hug me. Aww. Moments like these makes me feel that my being alive actually had a purpose.

Some time later, Joseph came. He was a boy that hadn't been around for like quite a few months, so his sudden appearance was a surprise. Bryan hugged him and refused to leave his side for the entire of worship. And like, wow, this is the first time I've seen Bryan actually participating during worship, jumping and dancing with the other neurotypical children. He was like holding Joseph's hand and making Joseph dance along with him. So cute lar.

And, for some reason or another, I have no idea, but I ended up with Joshua for worship. O___O (Usually Galvin or Eric takes him, because he's older and needs a lot of strength.) Strangely, I found it easier than expected. Maybe I grew stronger. I held Joshua in front of me, both of us standing. And he is like sitting on my lap, and his hands (I have to hold them or he would bite his hands) were pulling at mine. Basically, his full body weight was almost on my legs and arms. Weeeeee, good training.

For reason unknown once more, I had Jonathan for circle time (it's our teaching session, but it's kinda impossible to actually do any teaching with them). He kept running all over, and I kept giving chase. >.< He can't even hold a pencil properly, unlike the other children, so I really had to hold his hand and force him to do everything, from colouring to sticker-pasting to puzzle-fixing.

Finally, we went back to Omega3 (circle time is in Omega2). Am I saw a scene which was so cute and sweet and gay (oh crap too much influence from yaoi fangirls and crazy FY schoolmates). Hmm, let's see, Joseph was sitting on the floor, and Bryan knelt down in front of him, and held Joseph's head with his hands, and put his face really close to his, and started to talk to him. It was really sweet. Innocent childhood na. If it were not for the fact that it appears one-sided at times: Joseph doesn't really respond. It is funny, how Bryan somehow knows that they are similar, and has chosen Joseph to be his best friend. SO CUTE~

As usual, while waiting for their parents to come and collect them, all the kids, neurotypical or not, happily ran wild about. (And as usual, my hair got pulled by Desirel.) Wei Wei started peeling off the masking tape markings on the floor, and a lot of other kids followed suit.

There was this kindergarten girl who managed to pull off a long stretch masking tape and had rolled it up to make a ball. She said hello to me, so I played with her, throwing the ball to her, and her throwing back. She's really adorable. I am not sure why, but at that moment, I felt something: I realised how different a neurotypical child is from those who are kids. She responds when you call her. She laughs at her mistakes (when she throws the ball off course). She can tell distance. She knows what her strength is. She talks. She comments on my actions. I don't know what I should feel, but I just sensed the gap there. Sad, I suppose? No, it shouldn't be that way. What...?

Yay end.


PS: Same as below. *copies and pastes* I only posted now, because I saved it as draft and was lazy to edit until now.

No comments: