Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Somehow I was proposed to...

=================================
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Reading: The World God Only Knows - Chapter 102
Random Quote: Can you don't go home? — A kid at the SCC
=================================

... by a seven-year-old boy. It went like this:
Boy: Teacher, are you married?
Me: (chuckling) Ah... No, not yet.
Girl: He want to marry you.
Me: Ehh?! Ummm... (turns to boy) You want to marry me?
Boy: (looks away silently)
~___~ And, thus, I have collected another manga-panel-like situation.

I was convinced, for the first time, that things that happen in a shoujo manga can happen in real life. Boy is born with a weak body. He cannot overexert himself: walking too long, running too fast, laughing too loud, getting too exited, any of those or more could get him sent to hospital. His uncle has to carry to him school, because he is too weak to cover the distance from his home with his own two feet.

He has no mother. Why? I don't know. But I know that for this reason, he is easily attached to any woman who seems nice enough. He would hug her and hold her. (That's why the teachers tell his father to clip his nails lest he will scratch them unknowingly.)

Many of the kids in the SCC are from disadvantaged families: poor, single parent, or both. Even for the short amount of time spent there, I could tell, that those children who are missing a mother, are much more sticky and physically affectionate to me, as if to fill in the space left behind by the absent mother. I am not physically a man, or I would have been able to see the empty space caused by an absent father by those who lack one as well.

Sheesh, parents. Please learn to copulate responsibly.


NOTE: I am working part-time, teaching drawing/art at a Student Care Centre where parents who don't have maids park their kids for a day so they can go to work.

No comments: