Sunday, April 29, 2007

I guess Lee Yeung is sort of right,

=================================
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Listening: Mitsumune Shinkichi - Atatakana Kokoro
=================================

when he said "you should be a kindergarten school teacher". I'm not teaching in a kindergarten, but working with the kids at church is something like that.

So far, I've been kicked, clawed, hugged, boxed, bitten, wrestled and glomped. Interesting, isn't it?

A few things I learnt over this few weeks:
01. Who cares a crap about democracy?!
There's no such thing as them saying "no" when asking them to pick up their stuffs. It is "you MUST pack up". We're a bunch of autocratic authoritarians. Obey our orders, we who are God's appointed over you!!

02. Throw grammar away.
Nobody understands our English. Perfect English always results in long sentences. Things like "You eat, you stand" and "Good sitting" and "Good colouring" is fine. Any sentence longer than that, and they'll get distracted and not listen anymore.

03. Wrestling is a good sport.
Yesh it seriously is. Especially with the autistic boys. My arm strength has increased significantly. Heh.

04. Pick on those who are weaker.
Heh. Sounds terrible, but that's the truth. I can't fight the older autistic boys--I'll be owned. The new autistic boy who just came in is small, so I can fight him. But the weak are not that weak. The autistic boy bit me (there was a bruise on my wrist for a day), the girl with ID pulled my hair and the down's syndrome boy smacked/clawed me.

05. Hugs are the all-cure elixir.
The kid with down's syndrome cried today. Both he and the girl wanted to carry the giant puzzle box, but the girl took it first and went off. He cried. -.- And refused to move even after only the two of us were left in the room. In the end, after some coaxing, I gave him a hug and carried/hugged him back to the main room. Heavy~~~ But he's small, so yea, it's not so bad.

Mweeheh, that's what I like about them. They're really simple to understand. If a normal person emos, I would have to think of how to make him/her feel better. But if it's one of the special need kids, give them a hug, and all issues are resolved. Not just him, but everyone one of them too. They listen for a while when you hug them. Now, if only a normal person would just cheer up the moment you hug them, then I wouldn't have so much problem thinking of things to say when my friends emo. I could just hug them.

Pastor Linda says I'm allowed to stay with the special needs kids~!! (There was a possibility that I would be assigned to the normal kids, but she let me stay where I was.) XDD Saru is happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so now you have 2 career choices: kindergarten teacher or artist. How about a full-time loving wife and mother than a part-time artist? I am waiting and praying for that to happen.......(don't kick me!)
Congrats! for the "A" you get for the sp4. All the best for the coming competition.
Do what you do better than anyone else doing it, and you will always be a success.(florence littauer)

marcien said...

RAWR saru will so very kick kick kick you.