Sunday, September 06, 2009

need more STR stats

=================================
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Listening: A R Rahman - Jai Ho
Reading: sonic.wikia.com
=================================

*sprouts a chain of vulgarities in english/hokkien/chinese/malay*

I. Am. Irritated.

1 - SN

Today, is probably one of the most hectic days in my serving of the Special Needs kids. Joseph tries to play with the normal kids: they shout "siao arh" at him. Jia Hui is all mine today. Joseph doesn't like sharing me so he pulls my hair and steals my specs three times more often than usual. Shivam screamed about. Chain reaction. Elisha cries/whines loudly. Joshua is about to go off too. Everyone busy with the autistic boys, the ADHD one and the Downs Syndrome one and the girl is left to me. Joash disturbs Jia Hui. Joseph breaks/tears puzzle pieces. Joseph and Joash both climb on me. Jia Hui leaves to find more puzzles. I chase her, Joseph breaks more puzzles. I scold him, he laughs, Joash scolds him.

Bah. Whatever it is, any first-timer to SN will get scared off and swear never to return here.

That's what I really hate about SN. I don't dislike the kids, they are cute =3 But I dislike how other people do not want to serve with them. After being with them for 2 plus years, I can see why. It's hard to the fruits of our labour. Our kids don't respond. They are violent. They are noisy. They don't even acknowledge your existence. The don't seem to get better. They are always as dependent as ever.

I cannot help but think that whenever other leaders look at our corner of screaming, "misbehaving" kids, they think something along the lines of "Thank God our kids are not like that". But guys, we are all women here. We are not that strong. Our boys getting bigger in size, and their hormones are functioning like any normal boy their age, even if their minds do not. What can we do?

God, I need to rely on you for strength. But please, also send some guys our way. We have been asking for guys, for the past years, and some have come, stayed, and left. Others come and left instantly. I am disappointed. I know it is not easy to serve these kids. That's why, God, send someone strong. I petition sincerely.

(On a related note: Divorce rates amongst couples with Special Needs children are really high. And, DUH, it is the mother who ends up raising the children. ALL YOU GUYS HAVE LESS BALLS THAN US GIRLS.)

2 - GB

My timetable changed. Third revision. All my lessons are now in the afternoon. Even if I am able to teleport, I have only 1 hour to spend. So I cannot serve GB anymore.

What, maybe I'm not worthy to be an officer. I'm pretty weak of a person, that much I know.



For now, I'll look forward to carrying my photocopier puzzle-tracked mind girl in two weeks time. Only one day, and I miss GKidz already.

No comments: